4 New Fish Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeybabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello Guys, I just got a new 55 gallon tank, and while I was at the LFS the store owner gave me an awesome deal on 4 big fish... I was hoping someone could help me identify the names as I left the store a little unsure of their names...

I believe one is an apollo shark, and another is a green terror, and another is a jack dempsy? can someone confirm this?

i got a great price on them because the store owner wanted to redo his 180 gallon tank and put all different fish in it, so i practically bought out all of these fish for 60 bucks lol, i figured 15 bucks a fish isnt bad, and they're quite big, and they get along perfectly in the 55 gallon tank, im considering adding some mbuna cichlids in with them once they grow to at least 2 inches... is that ok? theres a good ammount of hiding and territorial room

thanks everyone :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 149
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 147
#1 male Red Fin Borleyi.
#2 female Jack Dempsey.
#3 Apollo shark
#4 maybe a Green Terror can't see the body.

I hate to say but long term those fish are not compatible, the GT and JD maybe until they start maturing( these guys will reach 10-12") but the Borleyi is a African Hap and belongs in a 6ft tank. The shark will reach sizes of 10" and is a social schooling fish that prefers company of at least five or more, their minimum tank size is also a 6ft tank due to their requirement swimming space.

Last edited:
thx for the reccomendation on the 6ft tank... maybe ill find one in the future :) thats originally what all these fish were from (180g)

heres 2 more shots of the green terror which im pretty sure is a green terror and thx guys u nailed it :)

i didnt know what #1 was and i was confused which was which on the jack and terror lol the shark was the only one i was sure about but hes distict lol

thx!!!

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 119
Mikey, any chance for more pictures of the GT, full body shots?

these are the remaining pics i have left on my phone... for new better ones you will have to wait till tomorrow morning cuz im at work.. sorry if i sent the wrong fish (i still get the GT and jack confused lol)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 104
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 113
I personally dont think any are green terrors. Looks like 2 jack dempseys. Green terror will have orange border around fins and tail. And more lines of blue on the face and not spots.

#4 looks like it could be a green terror. A Full body shot would be nice though.

Here is my green terror.

img_1405247_0_53763344624013d3326b38516f758950.jpg

Back
Top Bottom