70g corner - changing stock/style?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyd

Aquarium Advice Freak
Howdy all. I have a 70g corner tank that is currently mixed cichlids. Been up and running for 3 1/2 years now, but only 2 fish are from the original stock. (They aren't allowed to be rehomed) In the future I am going to change it into a peacock and hap tank and change the decor to be a more natural look for them (rock formations). Right now, I'm just trying to figure out a game plan on how to get there and have a couple questions.

How many peacocks and haps could I have and what would varieties would be best?

Any advice on having a smooth transition over to that type of tank?

Would a JD and Nic be ok staying in there after switching to primarily peacocks/haps? (JD ~8", Nic 6-7"). It has been a mixed tank (3 SA/CA, 3 AC) and have had no problems since I started it. But unsure how it would be if the balance was all peacocks/haps with the nic and JD.

Thank you all.

Filter is a sunsun 403b.

If anything, how many peacocks/haps would be considered fully stocked or close to full?

How do you like your Sun Sun?

I'm loving it. Used to have a marineland 360 that cracked 6-7 months ago. Compared to the marineland, the sunsun has kept the water more clear, parameters more stable, helped kill off an algae problem I had, and is quieter. When I got it, I was fully expecting that I would have to replace it after a year or 2 but its been great so far

I'm loving it. Used to have a marineland 360 that cracked 6-7 months ago. Compared to the marineland, the sunsun has kept the water more clear, parameters more stable, helped kill off an algae problem I had, and is quieter. When I got it, I was fully expecting that I would have to replace it after a year or 2 but its been great so far

Nice I torn between getting the cascade canister filter or a Sunsun canister filter

Go with the sun sun. I have the HW-304b and it's the best filter I own. Even compared to the eheim Ecco pro. The 304b has a rating of 525gph and that's spot on.

Back
Top Bottom