Tank mate/stocking help!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amazonian

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a few tanks to work with and recently have been given some random cichlids and others. So I’m rearranging everything and separating out. I’ve been told I can get away with open water peacocks in the same tank as Geophagus red head, firemouth and a convict. Anyway, I don’t believe anything until more people tell me so here’s a list of what I’ve got (not all in the same tank) and the quantities. I’d like to keep just one of each vs having multiple of each of possible. What would you put with what and the others are additional stocking ideas? Thanks! The tank options are 55, 75, 40, fluval canisters plus hob, 7.7 ph, sand w/small smooth pebble substrates.

Already have(juvies):
List A- 1 Geophagus red hump, 1 firemouth, 1 pink convict
List B- 1 ob peacock, 1 sunshine hybrid peacock, 1 eb Johanni
These two sets need more stock but I was told that if I keep just the individuals, these would likely be fine together in a 75 with good rock structure but plenty of open swim space which I have. Thoughts? If I need to cut out one I can but if this might work, that would be great.

If it’s not ok to try combing both lists (all juvies currently), then other addition ideas are:
List A- a Jack Dempsey, a EBlue acara, rainbow cichlid, keyhole, jewel
List B- would have to be peacocks I guess?

Others: I have a Pictus that needs a tank, 3 yellow labs I can have if they fit somewhere (even though I didn’t want multiples they wouldn’t bother me 2f/1m), 1-4 rainbow cichlid juvies if I want them.

I have 3 bn long fin plecos (mature) I can move, a blood parrot juvie I can either add more of or get rid of, then other randoms that will be homeless when I rearrange completely different tanks are corys, khulis, pair of kribs, pair of Bolivian rams, sailfin Mollys, panda garra (but I have other tanks I can put them in unless any would go well)

PLEASE HELP ME ORGANIZE THIS BECAUSE I’m stuck with empty tanks until I can decide lol

Back
Top Bottom