A little help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amorgan32

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently set up a 30g tank, inside I have two firemouths and three small convicts. I also have a large volcano bubbler in the tank, what I'm wondering is if I should remove the volcano and add more hiding spots for these fish simply bcuz I'm noticing them nipping at each other for position in the tank

Amorgan32 said:
I recently set up a 30g tank, inside I have two firemouths and three small convicts. I also have a large volcano bubbler in the tank, what I'm wondering is if I should remove the volcano and add more hiding spots for these fish simply bcuz I'm noticing them nipping at each other for position in the tank

That tank is much to small for all of those fish, you could maybe a single adult convict in a 30. I would find new home for the rest.

You could keep a pair of convicts in a 30g but everything else needs a larger tank.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

Last edited:
So it would be in the best interest of the fish to relocate the firemouths to a larger tank?

I would relocate the firemouths and one con, do you know they sex of the cons yet? I would keep a pair in the 30g.

No I'm not sure I'm sorta new to all this I have just a small amount of experience with cichlids and wouldn't know how to tell the sex of the fish

image-1892999335.jpg

These are my two firemouth im not sure if I attached that pic right or not

1st picture is blurry but #2 looks female and #3 looks males. Closer less fuzzy photos would help, I know they're hard to photograph sometimes.

I'll work on gettin a better one of the first, that one takes abuse from the other two so he/ she is a bit skiddish

Back
Top Bottom