Advice on german ble rams wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWaterMark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a 55gallon tank, it's 48 inch long. I was planning on having rams as the focus fish as part of a community.

I'm def going to get one pair. Is it possible to have two pairs, or is that likely to cause trouble?

Any advice on this appreciated as well as any tips on keeping rams. I will be stocking the rest of community as fish no larger than the rams.

Thanks in advance

In my opinion i think 2 pairs can be done in a 55. just make sure each pair can have a respective territory of their own.

You can do two pairs in a 55, they may bicker a bit after they pair off, but that tank is big enough for them to get away from one another. It helps a lot to have multiple line of sight breaks, plants and structure are good for this.

Breeding is where you'll see most of your problems. They'll get more aggressive towards all other fish to protect their eggs and fry so just make sure everyone has their space

Plenty of flat surfaces opposite ends should be fine

Back
Top Bottom