African cichlids need more!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1997

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 55 gallon tank with 4 electric yellow cichlids 2 yellow finned aceis 1 peacock and 1. Picture catfish as well as some giant danios what are some other kinds cichlids I could get that would be comoatible

A red zebra might be too aggressive for your current stock. Perhaps some more peacocks or other haplochromines.

My peacock is around 3" and is the biggest thing in the tank And is pretty agraseive

Fishguy1997 said:
Are there are other ones that would go good in this tank preferably blues

For the electric yellow labs and aceis some colbolt cichlid or blue dolphin would be compatible. Don't know on tank size ether.

I'm going to my local Petco this weekend and I'm going to look at the Africans they are mostly small.... I'm going to look about getting some blue ones

Fishguy1997 said:
I'm going to my local Petco this weekend and I'm going to look at the Africans they are mostly small.... I'm going to look about getting some blue ones

Do you know what kind of africans? Not all Africans are compatible though.

fishguy1997- I'm not sure where on the Island you are, but there are better places for cichlids than petco. If in sufolk try Brians in Rocky Point, Aqua Hut in Coram or Country Critters in Patchogue.

Im I'm Suffolk on the south shore:) I might try a new aquarium store right around the corner from Petco the only problem is there prices are to high

Im I'm Suffolk on the south shore:) I might try a new aquarium store right around the corner from Petco the only problem is there prices are to high

check out country critters on rte 112 in patchogue...just south of sunrise hgy. decent prices and selection...sometimes hard to get someone to help you. I bought there once, but now visit Brian's on the north shore.

I don't know what kind the tank is just labeled " Assorted African Cichlids"

you got to love the "Assorted African Cichlids" Label....

I laugh every time I'm in Petsmart/Petco and see it....

I remember when Petsmart would keep Auratus Cichlids in those tanks and the associates wondered why they (the Auratus) were the only ones left in the tanks at the end of the week.

Finally Petsmart started separating them and The Jewels...from the Peacocks, Mbnuas and Aceis....They are actually carrying Dwarfs (Rams) now in the Petsmart by me.

Pton46 said:
you got to love the "Assorted African Cichlids" Label....

I laugh every time I'm in Petsmart/Petco and see it....

I remember when Petsmart would keep Auratus Cichlids in those tanks and the associates wondered why they (the Auratus) were the only ones left in the tanks at the end of the week.

Finally Petsmart started separating them and The Jewels...from the Peacocks, Mbnuas and Aceis....They are actually carrying Dwarfs (Rams) now in the Petsmart by me.

That happend exactly to my Petsmart but no dwarf rams :/ I have to go 1 hour 30 mins just to go to my LFS so sometimes I might go to petco or Petsmart only 15 mins.

Ok tomorrow I'm going to Petco and I'm going to look at them and get heater for the cichlid fry tank

Back
Top Bottom