Africans play in bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it normal or does it mean something? Or... Is my little guy just having fun :)

He'll swim into the bubbles from the air stone and turn sideways back and then back to the other side. Just chill in the bubbles then go about his day. I find it entertaining, just wondering if it meant anything.

These fish are really very interesting to watch.

Well, from my experience with bubbles, my bolivian ram (no longer have), flowerhorn, jack dempseys (no longer have), and my friend's oscar loved to play in bubbles. Maybe it's a cichlid thing? I wouldn't be worried, honestly.

My flowerhorn, specifically, loves to do this zig zag swim through the bubbles, going in and out. I think it's an entertainment thing.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Well, from my experience with bubbles, my bolivian ram (no longer have), flowerhorn, jack dempseys (no longer have), and my friend's oscar loved to play in bubbles. Maybe it's a cichlid thing? I wouldn't be worried, honestly.

My flowerhorn, specifically, loves to do this zig zag swim through the bubbles, going in and out. I think it's an entertainment thing.

Hahaha!! It's cute! :)

LOL....... This is how my first cichlid got his name...Bubbles... he did the same thing and I have to believe it feels good to them like for us in a hot tub with bubbles.

They do it for fun my peacock does it too. He likes too hang in it I have UGF filter at the end off the tube is air bubbles coming out. That is his favorite spot. Bubbels bubbels bubbels lol

Gotta love Cichlids, they aren't really afraid of much.

My mbuna's all swarm my gravel vac when I do water changes, and play in the water as I'm putting fresh water back into the tank.

Gotta love Cichlids, they aren't really afraid of much.

My mbuna's all swarm my gravel vac when I do water changes, and play in the water as I'm putting fresh water back into the tank.

haha mine too. my Kenyi all love to try to swim against the current of water im putting back in the tank. Whats funny is I put 2 flexible air wands in the tank and my guys stayed away from it like it was going to kill them. they wouldn't come out until I took it out. They didn't like it one bit!

Back
Top Bottom