Aftican cichlid eating vegetables ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've heard that some cichlids need vegetables , so these are the cichlids I have : electric yellow , Auratus , red zebra , and a kenyi , do all of them need vegetables ? If they do what kind of vegetables ? They are all under an inch and right now I am feeding them hikari bloodworms , and yes I know they can't just have blood worms so I'm going to get them the cichlid pellets later on when they get bigger .

They don't need vegetables. A good dry food like new life spectrum has everything they need. That said it doesn't hurt to add some fresh veggies like peas, cucumber, zucchini etc every now and them.

They don't need vegetables. A good dry food like new life spectrum has everything they need. That said it doesn't hurt to add some fresh veggies like peas, cucumber, zucchini etc every now and them.

Kay thank you :) should I wait until all the blood worms are gone and than get them actual food ? Because they are all babies right now and under an inch

Get actual food now, bloodworms are pretty much no good for Africans. They should be on pellets with the occasional bloodworm or brine shrimp if you want.

My fish love vegetables, I would definitely advise against bloodworms as stated above. I can't help but think all natural vegetables are beneficial to fish

Attachments

• image-1144763244.jpg
    image-1144763244.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 92
Sorry to interrupt but Jon how do u prepare the veggies like the cucumber I blended them but it looks as if u just cut it in half and dropped it in?

You're not interrupting! No worries, I cut it in sections, then take a spoon and scrape out the seeds because they will fly all over the tank.
Then wrap it in a paper towel, microwave or boil it for just a few seconds to soften it and then drop it in with a clip on it or I just take a fork and stick it in so it will sink. It is literally to the core in 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom