All the colors of the rainbow...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsk5035

Aquarium Advice Activist
So... I have a 75 gallon tank (older pic, there's like 20 or so more rocks in the now and adding more occasionally):

Now before you tell me it's way over-stocked, read thru. Lol

My stocking list:
-5 elec yellow labs
- 4 acei
- 3 rustys
- 2 kenyi
- 4 johanni
- 2 white labs

Anyhow, it's more or less irrelevant what's in there: the tanks been running 3-4 months, and I had bought a bunch of fry to grow out then separate out males and females; there are plenty if hiding places; and I just added another filter, so I'm filtering 400+ gallons/ hr, So my water quality is fine and what not; plus there all juvies so no real aggression yet.

Buttt... What I really wanna do, even if it means re-homing everyyything in the tank, is I want a good stocking list that pretty much covers every color. Lol

I got the elec yellows for yellow obviously, the rustys for orange/purple, johanni for blue

So what are peoples opinions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-1337712133.jpg
    image-1337712133.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2022937410.jpg
    image-2022937410.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 66
I'd like dibs on the white labs :)
The Acei have purple yellow.... ( tho would do well with my group in my 6 foot... So add them to my list... Lol!!) I'm leaving here tomorrow night to be in your area... It's been awhile.
You need one of my male vics he's red, green, grey and yellow...
Would you do all males? Then you wouldn't have to stock less striking female colors of some. Easier I'd guess for a more colorful tank, tho I've never gone that route n dunno specs....
Cobalt blue zebras are a nice color too...

Yeah for sure! I'm still mid-process figuring out what to do with the tank and stock. Lol. And I'll def let you know when I'm getting rid of fish. The while are like really pretty and shiny, just blend in with the sand too much. Lol. Plus I think theyre both males.

Haven't thought about all males..

And Oddball Aquarium has had some really nice ones lately. I was Aqua World Super Pet Center and they just had the basics. And Wet Pets only ever has males :/

Ya aqua world you have to hit weds. If you let them know what u want tho they can let u know if they can get it. Depends in what you decide let me know and see what I have too. If your at aqua world I'm only 10-15 min away feel free to browse, lol. Tho mostly reg. ones. I guess... Idk. But colorful.

I like the black blasting sand bc colors don't blend in, really makes them stand out. I think with all males, there's no need for groups, etc.

It's not overstocked so much as the ratios are off, they will be fine until they get older. Ultimately you'll want to shoot for 1 male to 3-4 females, I recommend having 5-8 of the same species of fish. You could have about 15-20 or so fish that get about 5-6" max. You will need a good and fairly aggressive weekly water change schedule probably 40-60%.

I would bump up your filtration you are going to want to want roughly 650-750 GPH of filtration which would be the total volume of your tank turned over 8-10 times per hour.

Back
Top Bottom