Angel fish spawning question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RevMe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have 2 pairs of angles in a 20 gal tank and I noticed today that one of pairs has started laying eggs. I am totally unware abt what I shoud do now.

The weird thing is they seem to eating their eggs, is this normal?

Also in addition to the eggs I see small strains of white worm like creatures placed all over the tank... I have never seeen this before, cud this bcoz the eggs have hatched?

One last thing, both partners of the pair seem to be laying eggs ;) they do this weird thing of rubbin their tummy against the filter which releases more eggs...is it possible that both are females?

Its really rainning eggs here...

Thanks in advance

Rev

It is quite possible that both members of the pair are female, in fact probable, if you actually saw them both lay eggs. This happens with angels.

If you have a male and a female, the female will make the first pass and lay the eggs. Then the male will make the same pass, touching each egg, fertalizing it. So it may look like they are both laying eggs, but only the first one is.

The white worms are planaria, completely harmless. Just means you are feeding too much and have excess food in the gravel. After a gravel vac and feeding less, they should go away.

Back
Top Bottom