Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just typed an entire post and the site did not let it post, it gave me an error. So here is a run down of it:

My 55 gal planted tank houses:

8 Male Rosy Barbs
5 German Blue Rams
5 Rummynose Tetras
6 Hi-Fin Serpae Tetras
4 Cories
1 Bamboo Shrimp

I would like to add a top dweller, if at all possible. All of the fish I have now are mid-bottom dwellers with the exception of the Shrimp who hangs out at the top of the tank on the filter input tube. What do you think of adding maybe two Angels? Too much?

I lost a Ram and Tetra last week due to an unfortunate cat accident. I keep telling Nemo and Dory "Fish are friends, NOT food" but they don't seem to care.

I lost a Ram and Tetra last week due to an unfortunate cat accident. I keep telling Nemo and Dory "Fish are friends, NOT food" but they don't seem to care.

lol that is funny. but i am sorry fo the loss also. i think 1 angel would be ok and really act as a centre peice fish. i think 2 would be pushing it though. nice mix of fish by the way.

*for members who don't know, my two cats names are Nemo and Dory*

:D In retrospect, when I think about what I just said, yeah, that does sound funny. I accidently left one of the glass hoods open when I left for work. I came home to find Dory on the top of the tank and Nemo on the floor having a snack. She had a snack with her as well. Not a pretty moment. BUT, it teaches me never to leave the hoods open again, considering that Dory is infatuated with fish.

I didn't know how well the Serpae's would cohabitate with the Barbs, but they are suprisingly well. They keep each other in check. Since adding the Barbs I have not seen one nipped fin.

I think a couple of angels would be ok. Just keep an eye on those barbs. The rule seems to be barbs and angels dont mix. I beleive I have read that rosy barbs are a little more on the mellow side.

Angels will also take a liking to some plants. So, if you really like your plants, maybe they won't be a good option. Otherwise, I think it'd look great.

I think rosy, cherry and golden barbs are nippers... so a pair of angels would work- just keep up with water parameters =o)

Angels would be great IMO.Sorry about the lost fish but had to LMAO at the mental image of the cats when you walked in. Did they have that guilty I didn't do it look on their faces?

Nemo had the guilty look on his face, he knows when he did something wrong. Dory just looked at me like "What did I do?" She almost had the same situation with our eel that she tried to get out of the QT.

At the moment I'm not as concerned about the plants since the Barbs are pretty much taking care of them for me. Well, there is one that I recently aquired that I would like to keep, but it is a tough one. The Barbs can't even break it loose. They have torn apart Anacharis and Hornwort like it's nothing. I would love to keep the plants, but the city water quality is not on my side. We'll just see how it goes

I would love to get either Marble, Koi, or Blushing Angels. I don't want the typical black veil or something similar. This weekend I had planned on checking out the lfs(plural) and seeing what they have available. I won't purchase until I can get one of the ones stated above, or another type that strikes my fancy. Thinking maybe 1M and 1F?

A pair would be best. You cant tell though,so you have top start off with 3 or 4 juveniles and wait for them to pair off on thier own.

Fishyfanatic said:
I would love to get either Marble, Koi, or Blushing Angels. I don't want the typical black veil or something similar. This weekend I had planned on checking out the lfs(plural) and seeing what they have available. I won't purchase until I can get one of the ones stated above, or another type that strikes my fancy. Thinking maybe 1M and 1F?

I'm looking at getting Marble Blushers myself for my 75G.

The most common that I find are the typical white/black/silver angels. I want something non-typical. LOL If that makes sense.

Fishyfanatic said:
The most common that I find are the typical white/black/silver angels. I want something non-typical. LOL If that makes sense.

I'm special ordering mine direct from a breeder. I've heard good things about them, so that's where I'm getting mine. The ones I'm looking at are definitely non-typical. :)

http://qualityangels.com/

Fishyfanatic said:

I won't comment on the "typical white/black/silver" angels. Mine would find out and demand justice. :)

You may want pearl, blusing, koi or veiled angels. They are "non-typical" to be sure. A little hard to come by (as noted by LWB) and you may need to find a breeder or check online. They are pricey online though.

What do you think of this Gold Marble Pearl?

goldmarblepearl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom