Aunts discus build thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might get eaten since they are so small, but I'm not sure.

my school of neons were fine with my discus. I started out planted with some wisteria, and they blew up! never any co2 injection with them either, just grew outta control :D

The environment where discus live in the wild is pretty much barren of plants. They aren't necessary if you don't want them.

Unless you're looking to spend tons of money on large discus, I would assume you are growing out juvenile fish. This is extremely difficult to do in a community setup. Big healthy discus are the result of frequent feeding and water changes (which would be nearly impossible to keep up with on a tank that size). Here is a brief explanation that might be helpful to you. How do I set up my first discus tank?

The environment where discus live in the wild is pretty much barren of plants. They aren't necessary if you don't want them.

Unless you're looking to spend tons of money on large discus, I would assume you are growing out juvenile fish. This is extremely difficult to do in a community setup. Big healthy discus are the result of frequent feeding and water changes (which would be nearly impossible to keep up with on a tank that size). Here is a brief explanation that might be helpful to you. How do I set up my first discus tank?

We are getting them at 2-3" and growing them out in a 55g. The 55g will be at my house and i will feed them 3-5 times a day and do daily 20-40% water changes. Idk if she wants plants yet or not (hopefully not)

Also she like clown loaches so some of them will more than likely be in there too

my school of neons were fine with my discus. I started out planted with some wisteria, and they blew up! never any co2 injection with them either, just grew outta control :D

Wisteria will kinda do that with almost no light.. :lol:

Here is my discus tank if you want them to breed I suggested by all the same kind or maybe two different kinds I use r.o water it's 75 gal

Attachments

• image-1716350294.jpg
    image-1716350294.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 92
We are getting them at 2-3" and growing them out in a 55g. The 55g will be at my house and i will feed them 3-5 times a day and do daily 20-40% water changes. Idk if she wants plants yet or not (hopefully not)

Also she like clown loaches so some of them will more than likely be in there too

That's going to be a lot of work, but it sounds like you know what you are getting into. Good luck!

Not sure of they can handle the heat but jungle vals get real tall. Not really 'exotic' but cool.

They can. I had vals with some discus I used to keep. The tank was at 86F and the vals did very well.

That's going to be a lot of work, but it sounds like you know what you are getting into. Good luck!

They can. I had vals with some discus I used to keep. The tank was at 86F and the vals did very well.

Thanks! Ya im going to pick up a 40b because im getting 14 festae. 10 1" and 4 2" so ill be taking care of the 150, 55,55,40b, and 20. The 40 will have the 1" festae and a 55 will have the bigger ones and the other 55 will have the discus. Lot a work ahead considering im 15 lol

Thanks! Ya im going to pick up a 40b because im getting 14 festae. 10 1" and 4 2" so ill be taking care of the 150, 55,55,40b, and 20. The 40 will have the 1" festae and a 55 will have the bigger ones and the other 55 will have the discus. Lot a work ahead considering im 15 lol

Whoa that's a lot of work. Age isn't a factor, I wish you luck in your ventures.

Good for you and stick with it. I'm sure your aware of this already but this builds good character and shows others that you can be responsible.

Good for you and stick with it. I'm sure your aware of this already but this builds good character and shows others that you can be responsible.

Yep thats what ive been told, (when my parents arnt grilling me for turning my bedroom into the amazon rainforest) but they dont care as long as im using my money (just ordered 14 festae 2 min ago lol)

Ok guys! My aunt just called (she has been busy) ad she is re doing her basement! So she wants to put in a HUGE discus tank. She said along the lines of 6x3x4!!!!

Back
Top Bottom