Beani update.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbourg746

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got 5 o these guys/gals a little over a month ago. IMO they are showing some decent growth already. I believe I have 3 males and two females. The two that I believe are female are a little darker than the others and the fins are more rounded off. Pictured is the dominate male before and after.

Day 1

Attachments

• image-1799322550.jpg
    image-1799322550.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 110
Nice, how is the conspecific aggression so far? Everyone I know who's tried keeping more than one normally ends badly, they are nasty.

Nice, how is the conspecific aggression so far? Everyone I know who's tried keeping more than one normally ends badly, they are nasty.

The dominate male is pretty aggressive towards the others but they don't seem to bother one and other. The two smaller ones that I believe are females get nipped up by the big guy but they show no real fear of him. The other two males steer clear of him completely. I can see that very soon I will have to separate the dominate male from the others. They are in a 55 now so I see a divider in their near future.

The dominate male is pretty aggressive towards the others but they don't seem to bother one and other. The two smaller ones that I believe are females get nipped up by the big guy but they show no real fear of him. The other two males steer clear of him completely. I can see that very soon I will have to separate the dominate male from the others. They are in a 55 now so I see a divider in their near future.

A divider and a larger tank would be your best bet!

A divider and a larger tank would be your best bet!

Hoping all goes well and we are able to move into our new house by the end of February. I have a 125 and a 240 in storage right now and one of those two will house the beani. Prob the 125 cause I want to do a large community sa/ca in the 240. At the size they are now the 55 with the divider is more than adequate.

Hoping all goes well and we are able to move into our new house by the end of February. I have a 125 and a 240 in storage right now and one of those two will house the beani. Prob the 125 cause I want to do a large community sa/ca in the 240. At the size they are now the 55 with the divider is more than adequate.

Excellent to hear! Going to divid the 125 for a pair? What's going in the 240?

Excellent to hear! Going to divid the 125 for a pair? What's going in the 240?

Hoping to not have to divide it for a pair but I guess only time will tell. I'll watch them closely and adjust according.
As far as the 240 goes, I'm thinking some geophagus or other larger more docile fish that can fit in to a community setting. Open for any suggestion though.

Ok....last post was in January which showed moderate growth.

Second pic was this morning. Getting bigger as the day go by and really coloring up.

Attachments

• image-109291163.jpg
    image-109291163.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1630268293.jpg
    image-1630268293.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom