Best Filtration for 75 gallon Malawi Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Filter for 75 Gallon Malawi Tank

• XP2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XP3

• Fluval 405

• Eheim 2026

• Eheim 2224

• Ehein 2260

• Total voters

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which filter would you recomend for a 75 gallon Malawi tank i will be seting up?

some suggestions may be rejected due to $$ :D

I'm particular to HOB and canister combinations.

I currently run two Aquaclear 70 HOBs and a XP2 canister on my 75gal (though if I had to do it all over, I'd probably go with an XP3 and a Aquaclear 110 since the 70's were a tight fit in the tank lip).

kay-bee19 said:
I'm particular to HOB and canister combinations.

I currently run two Aquaclear 70 HOBs and a XP2 canister on my 75gal (though if I had to do it all over, I'd probably go with an XP3 and a Aquaclear 110 since the 70's were a tight fit in the tank lip).
i would prefer to stick with one filter and do more pwc.

I have 2 XP3's running on my 75 gal Mbuna, creates GREAT circulation and with overfiltration you could get away with more fish, or better simulate their natural environment.

2 x xP2 Filstar. Redundancy has a number of advantages. A packed up filter does not mean NO filtration in the tank. Staggered maintenance of the filters means no risk to the bio filtration system. Better tank circulation. And, the cannisters are much quieter than the HOB's.
Vic

For a 75 gal african tank I would have 2 cannisters. I run a fluval FX5 and a Fluval 404 on my 125. I plan on upgrading to 2 FX5's once I decide to spend the extra $$ on the other FX5. I have a lot of fluvals and find them to be excellent filters and easy to use, and clean.

I also had good experience with fluval. I ran 2 305's on my 65g.

Back
Top Bottom