Bleh, they gave me the wrong fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I just got paid yesterday and I was all excited to go get my L. brevis from this really popular fish store in Denver. They have amazing selection and great quarantine tanks etc, but I was warned that the customer service isn't amazing. Indeed that turned out to be the truth. They had this tank set up which had a several male and female L. brevis, but also several other fish including J. marleri or whatever, and several other little cichlids including L. brichardi which were tiny tiny.

So I went to ask the very grumpy employee to help me with some fish and the first thing he said was "well I only know saltwater fish so you have to pick out the ones you want." Well that would be fine but it was a small tank swarming with tiny grey fish and I was a little confused....

Well, long story short, a half hour later I arrive home and put my fish in their tank and I very quickly discovered that I had two male L. brevis and two of something that were not female brevis. Nope, they are juvenille brichardi.

So today I'm going to attempt to catch them and trade them in for some females....which I may have to catch myself this time, lol.

that is sooo dumb that he said that he only know saltwater i woud be very mad!:mad:

Hey at least you didn't have a petstore employee tell you that there is no way to tell the difference between male and female mollies. -_-;

Back
Top Bottom