Blood Parrot concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy0416

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my blood parrot for 7 months now. It's always been really friendly and interactive with people. Well, the past few days, it FREAKS out if people get too close to the tank. He'll swim around really fast and get as far up in the corner as possible. He does okay if you approach the tank VERY slowly, but even then he looks scared. He used to eat out of my hand even and now he's cautious about it. He still eats fine though. Not acting sick or anything.

I have no idea what happened to start this behavior. I have a 75 gallon. There's a dinosaur bichir, 4 giant danios, and 3 gouramis in there.

The ONLY thing that I can think of is last Thursday, something happened to one of our danios. I noticed it lost its eye somehow and was dying. So my roommate and I obviously took it out as soon as we found it. My roommate bought another danio to keep the school going. So ... I don't know if that has anything to do with it? If that scared the fish?

I really have no idea. Opinions or advice appreciated!! :( I miss my friendly little fish.

Back
Top Bottom