Blood Parrot fish + oscar + african cichlids, will it work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not see any pics of Africans in your gallery.

Do the 4 with yellow and black stripes look like this?

I can't help with the 2 that are a blueish purple unless there is a pic. There are alot of blue Africans.

Convicts are South American and should not be in the tank. The Gourami should also not be in there.

Do you have any pics of the gray fish?

The Auratus is the most aggressive Mbuna in Lake Malawi and should not be combined with any of the fish that you have. They are terrors and will rip apart fish three times their size when they are mature. We got lucky and had a pretty docile female. My brother, on the other hand, had a male that was not so nice. At the time he also had an oscar that died as a result of the Auratus.

The Esterae is normally very docile and can be kept with most mildy-aggressive Mbuna.

yep,

i just edited in the names

Melanochromis auratus

Metriaclima estherae

lol i know those 2 fish shouldnt be there, i was leaving them there until i find a different tank, but they looked okay in there so i just left them. they're getting along fine

You may want to seriously reconsider all of the tankmates. It is a disaster waiting to happen. Your friend probably did not research beforehand and didn't know what he was getting into.

It depends on what kind of fish you ultimately want to keep. If you want a community tank, remove all of the Africans. If you want a peaceful African tank, remove all of the fish besides the Estherae. If you want an aggressive African tank, remove all of the fish besides the Auratus. It's just a bad mix of fish. I can't comment on the unknown fish since I don't know what it is. Or you could want a SA tank with the Convicts, remove the rest.. The choice is really up to you.

Back
Top Bottom