Blood Parrot Tank Mate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you know if your BP is male or female?

A blue acara might work or demon eartheater. Something that doesn't get bigger than 8".

I say add another blood parrot, they like to be with some friends. I had 1 in my 72 gallon and once i added a 2nd BP he lost all his black stress spots.

if your tank is big you could maybe think about an oscar, (some will disagree) I just added a young oscar in with my very large blood parrot for some company and they are great together! It really is just a trial and error game. I was advised to try a pearl gourmi at one point and it went horrible as well as tanking her as a pair with another bp. So far so good with the oscar. I think it just depend on your bp personality. My tank is actually quite laid back. Be warned though oscar can and will be territorial and they will ear whatever is put infront of them!

You can also try some tiger barbs just make sure to have an odd number so they won't pair off.

I added two bumblebees and two yellow labs. I plan on getting a rainbow shark and making it a little more community friendly.

rocksor said:
Those africans will tear the BP a near one.

U mean new? Lol but yeah get ride of the africans and try some firemouths or blue acara along those lines will do

I have my 5 blood parrots with 2 discus and 1 angel fish. They get along fine.

rocksor said:
Those africans will tear the BP a near one.

+1 on that, dead parrot fish at some point. Should have done New World fish, like a Sajica, Firemouth, Blue Acara - Rainbow Cichlids always look good with parrots.

Borderlesscott said:
+1 on that, dead parrot fish at some point. Should have done New World fish, like a Sajica, Firemouth, Blue Acara - Rainbow Cichlids always look good with parrots.

They're doing fine

They're doing fine

these guys gave you good advice, either get the parrots or africans out of the tank.

The bumble bee's are very very agressive and will get up to 8 inches long. They need a really big tank. I won't even keep them in my 72 gallon tank. The yellow labs are a little less aggressive but still not really compatible with the BP

Back
Top Bottom