Blue Ram and tetras...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ikon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a blueram and 5 pork chop rasboros ...... The BR doesnt bother the rasboros ...... If I was to get a school of sum neon tetras or cardinal tetras .. or any school of tetras .. What are the chances of the ram getting "testy" ??

No trouble there. My experience is that the only time rams really get testy is with others of their species around breeding issues.

shayfish said:
No trouble there. My experience is that the only time rams really get testy is with others of their species around breeding issues.

how can i tell if i have a male or female ram ??

ya for a month or so the ram was in one area of the tank .. and anytime the black molly ( who i named Gary Coleman ) would come in that area the ram would chase the molly away and return to that area ... heck sometimes the molly would chase the ram outta the area..

NOW the ram goes all over the tank and keeps to itself.. sometimes seemed like they were fighting ... each other would chase each other around in circles a few times..

ikon said:
shayfish said:

how can i tell if i have a male or female ram ??
males are more colorfull and their (i believe it is the pectroral fins) are longer. females well develop a pink belly.

MALE

FEMALE

Back
Top Bottom