Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Bolivian Ram Perfect Number

I currently have a pair of Bolivian Rams, but I'd like to get another. I'm curious to what would be the best number of Rams to house in this size of a tank. So far here's what I have in the tank with my pair of Rams: (2) Pearl Gouramis, (2) Gold Gouramis, (1) Opaline Gourami, (5) YoYo Loaches, and (3) Dojo Loaches. My 7.5" Sailfin Pleco will coming home in a few weeks and I'm considering getting a 2nd Opaline Gourami and/or a schooling fish (haven't decided yet). So far everyone is getting along great. The only issues that I really have is that one of the Rams is more dominant than the other.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

You may have a good idea but, you did leave out one vital piece of information. What size is the tank?

Old 06-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oops.. all of these fish are in my 75 gallon.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
With your current fish, I would just get 1 more and see how things go. Not sure if I would bump it up to 5 yet.

Also, look at withing the next year, they are going to be roughly 3 inches each, unless you have a female, which will be around 2.5 inches. Not including tail.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

You could easily add 3 more rams bro.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks, I'll take it slow and add just 1 more for now. The main thing is to split up some of the aggression. It's very little, but one of them is definantely more dominant than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreederSmart
You could easily add 3 more rams bro.
That would be sis.

Tags
bolivian, bolivian ram, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com