Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might be able to do a pair, but you would have to make sure its a pair.

I've been keeping Bolivians for about 3 years, and I'm just not sure that a 10 gallon would give them enough room. The smallest tank I would personally keep Bolivians in is a 20 high, but a 20 long would be even better. My Bolivians each claimed half of my 29 gallon tank and spent a lot of time chasing each other. I think blue rams would be a better choice for a 10 gallon. They stay smaller than Bolivians.

No, not in a 10G. 20G minimum for a pair. They do get big. Mine are a year and a half, and the male is over 3 inches. So I wouldn't do a pair in a 10G. Even 20G is pushing the minimum limit for the pair.

Yes, a pair of GBR's will do good in a 10G. Just remember they are not a real hardy fish, and many people have troubles with them not surviving. And if you don't plan on breeding them, you can even throw in a few tetras to give a nice effect, like cardinals or rummy nose tetras, or even some rasboras.

I would think you would need a 20 long for rams and tetras, I personally wouldnt try it in a 10 gallon just not enough water IMO.

Back
Top Bottom