bully aratus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidheaven

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so my aratus is a big fat bully my ob peacock always hides at the top under the hang back filter and it sucks cuz Friday I will be adding fish and I'm scared to I wanna keep him but if I have too ill trade him in I know about changing the scape and water changes and turning of the lights but I've done it before and I did not work what am I to do please help hears a pic of him and the ob hiding Ohh and odly my fire mouth fights back lol wow

ForumRunner_20130130_131641.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_131753.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_131902.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_131902.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_131937.jpg

Auratus need either a big tank or species only with one male to a few females. They are extremely aggressive even on mbuna standards. You'll probably need to rehome him.

Well there in a 55 gallon I'm not shur if the other is male or female won't know for a wile I might just rehome both cuz if I keep one ill just end up in the same crap lol

Yea I'm going to remove him its crazy tho the fire mouth one that is bark but no bite acually can thrive but the peacock don't stand a chance so what's good to put together with peacock cuz I wanna do peacock with another spices

Yea I'm going to remove him its crazy tho the fire mouth one that is bark but no bite acually can thrive but the peacock don't stand a chance so what's good to put together with peacock cuz I wanna do peacock with another spices

not sure if you know this but fire mouth needs different ph levels than the africans, it would be better off for the fish if you just did africans or just did americas, kinda of off topic. but js

Yes I know I had him for quit a wile he's growing and doing fine I will rehome him soon into my othertank its bin cycling o my tank is a 55 gallon 4 foot long 3 feet high and ways good with peacocks cuz I just don't wanna do peacocks

not sure if you know this but fire mouth needs different ph levels than the africans, it would be better off for the fish if you just did africans or just did americas, kinda of off topic. but js

I'm not sure the water ph is the issue here.Firemouth Cichlids in my experience are all Bark and no Bite and in the end I think the boisterous Africans will kill the Firemouths.

It's not the fire mouth that's getting bullyed its the peacock the firemouth has bin in my tank sice day one and it holds its own I'm still rehoming it if u chek out my vid on YouTube u can see that he is a boss I've had him in a tank with all type of mabuna and peacock and eaven a leporinus and in the end the firemouth is last man standing lol

Here I am defending the auratus again but I had a suggestion for people having a hard time with them. I noticed maybe if u add a male, since females aren't as aggressive after you tank has been established by other aggressive fish then maybe it'll work b/c I noticed mine only chases my female and ob and avoids my dominants, and gets chased off by a female maingino

Back
Top Bottom