Can cichlids live with crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MineShaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just wondering if cichlids can live with crayfish this is the one I'm thinking of getting ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439073038.289865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Everything would be fine until the crayfish molted. If the cichlid was aggressive enough it could take this opportunity to eat the cray fish. I have not had this happen to me personally but I have read about it because I wanted to put a blue lobster in my tank.

That and when fish sleep is when the crayfish will attack. This is all dependent on type but personally I don't trust big predatory inverts with fish and cichlids could harass the cray during the day.

They usually work with mid-sized New World cichlids but i wouldnt put the with Africans, which is what you have.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't try it. Is this the tank you have the puffer in? If so it wouldn't work anyway. Somebody will get eaten or attacked until they die.

I had one of the blue ones they sell in fish stores and he lasted maybe 3 weeks before he was torn apart by my African cichlids.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom