circulation pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacksonyaj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Another question: Should I buy a circulation pump for my cichlids tank?

Although my tank is only 90 gallon, Im looking for a larger circulation pump to push harder and faster. I currently have gravel in tank but later would wish to put sand in. These two pumps are probably too big for my tank but maybe the bigger the better?!? The two pump I'm looking at is:

Coralife Circulation Pump
For 55-120 gallon Aquariums
1300 GPH Flow Rate
7 Watts
$47.99
Coralife Circulation Pumps have a pivot bracket that allows you to control the angle and positioning of the water flow to best suit your aquarium. Titanium-plated stainless steel shaft offers extra durability for a long life.

Aqueon Circulation Aquarium Pumps
1650 gph
For 125-180 gallon Aquariums
8.3 Watts
Free Shipping!
$49.99
No pivot bracket.

Any feedbacks?

Another question: Should I buy a circulation pump for my cichlids tank?

Although my tank is only 90 gallon, Im looking for a larger circulation pump to push harder and faster. I currently have gravel in tank but later would wish to put sand in. These two pumps are probably too big for my tank but maybe the bigger the better?!? The two pump I'm looking at is:

1300 GPH Flow Rate
7 Watts
$47.99
Coralife Circulation Pumps have a pivot bracket that allows you to control the angle and positioning of the water flow to best suit your aquarium. Titanium-plated stainless steel shaft offers extra durability for a long life.

1650 gph
8.3 Watts
Free Shipping!
$49.99
No pivot bracket.

Any feedbacks?

Just wondering what type of filtration you have setup already,

Fluval 404 filter.
Tetra whisper power filter for 30-60 gallon.
One power head to push water.

Would it sound crazy if I said I was thinking about a sump
Pump? Water flows down into a huge filter bag full of active carbon, then flows into the refugiums full of breeding guppies (feeders), live plants, dirt, rocks and bog wood. Water then flows over to the last part, the pump, which pumps water and guppy back into tank. Any comments?

Would it sound crazy if I said I was thinking about a sump
Pump? Water flows down into a huge filter bag full of active carbon, then flows into the refugiums full of breeding guppies (feeders), live plants, dirt, rocks and bog wood. Water then flows over to the last part, the pump, which pumps water and guppy back into tank. Any comments?

I don't know man. I just stick to the basics.

Circ Pumps

Another question: Should I buy a circulation pump for my cichlids tank? YES! They will love the flow. Mine use it like a treadmill.

1300 GPH Flow Rate
7 Watts
$47.99

1650 gph
8.3 Watts
Free Shipping!
$49.99
No pivot bracket.

Any feedbacks?
Try to find a krylia pump I use them. They are quiet and push water great. I have a 75 gal cichlid tank and run one that only pushes 650gph. It seems to work. I also run 2 emporer 400 filters off the back. My fish have plenty of circulation. The pump cost around 50 bucks but they are great. A magnetic/rubber suction cup. great choice.

You're going to have to be more specific as to what kind of cichlids you have. There are some that do better in calm water, some that prefer more flow.

Back
Top Bottom