Circulation pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garcia2185

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is a circulation pump a good idea for my Malawi tank? I read mix reviews what do you guys think??

I have one in my 55g malawi&doesnt bother my fish, in fact they seem to like it. Also reduces dead zones.. looking at the idea of wave makers now.

I don't know where the whole myth of Africans need allot of flow in their tanks comes from but they don't really. I know allot of people put in powerheads and their fish are fine but I have not had a need for one.

The biggest thing is to have clean water and proper filtration, also make sure your filter is disrupting surface tension of the water.

I put a power head with quick filter in my 90 g Malawi tank for a little "extra cleaning" and used it once in a while. Funny thing is that I noticed some of the fish seemed to like the current at the surface. Almost like playing. Now I just leave it on...its only @ surface level and doesn't seem to bother anyone else in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom