Colbalt Blue or Socolofi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have yellow electrics, red zebras, acei and yellow fin mbamba's. I eventually want to add a bright blue color to the tank and was thinking either cobalt blue or socolofi. Anyone have any suggestions what fish would have a brighter light blue color or what would work best with these fish? The tank is 120 gallon. Thanks!

They do look very similar my male blue zebra mates with my f. socolofi. So I would say either one both nice

Pics forgot to attach

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131025_193734.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131025_193734.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 97
  • ForumRunner_20131025_193744.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131025_193744.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 109
  • ForumRunner_20131025_193800.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131025_193800.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 102
The male zebra but that's because he's a male and his color gets more intense when in breeding mode.

Would cobalt blues work best with what I have as well?

Never know I can tell you my blue and red zebras are def enemies but the right stock should help

Maybe I should go with the socolofi then. I'll do some more research

Yea that's just my experience they coexist tho, you can say there the two top fish in the tank.

So now I know everything glad I make you feel that way, and you just probably look at the same web page I get my info so stop and regardless those fish have the same body type and the males will fight again there both from Metriaclima so like I said before I'll go with the socolofi

What I'm saying is it's like putting two different Melanochromis in a tank there going to fight because of Conspecific aggression

Sorry but I only advise on what I know from experience. IMO many times websites are wrong and just spit out the same information. The best place to learn about the hobby is with experienced keepers. African cichlids are always going to fight here and there. And there is almost always a chance of hybridization, but those aren't IMO reasons to to not stock as long as your not looking to breed and sell fry for profit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom