Convict agression help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jandkmcdonald

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a South American cichlid tank with 2 convicts. My smallest fish is maybe about a 1-1/2 inch convict. I

They usually all get along great but I just now noticed my smallest convict has a pretty badly damaged tailfin. I am really worried about it. I don't know if they are male or female. I don't know who is picking on it either. I assume if it was fin Roy that other fish would have it also. Help?! How do I protect and heal her?

Simply remove her or the aggressor or add more hiding spaces to the tank for the fish to take refuge when being abused, the more breaks in the line of sight the better.

Last edited:
Simply remove her or the aggressor or add more hiding spaces to the tank for the fish to take refuge when being abused, the more breaks in the line of sight the better.

+1

her tail will heal up in no time. I have a pair with a female Grammodes who is constantly shredding the smaller cons fins. The look bad for about 5 days then will be back to normal.

Keep up on the water changes. and the fins will heal themselves.

Back
Top Bottom