Convicts and angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anmarie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have a 55 gallon with some small convicts I also have a 10 gallon with 2 angelfish the angelfish are big so I'm thinking of transfering them to the tank with the small convicts. Will they survive? I know that when the convicts are bigger or close to the size of the angel fish that they can be agressive but since the angelfish are bigger will is be safe to have them together.

I would think the convicts will probably tear up the angels fins. Give it a try but keep a very very close eye on them.

I think I'm going wait a few days then add the angel fish. The convicts are significantly smaller then the angel fish right now.

I think I'm going wait a few days then add the angel fish. The convicts are significantly smaller then the angel fish right now.

If the convicts are juveniles I'd add the adult angels right away. There's a good chance the angels will establish a pecking order with the juvie convicts. There's also a good chance that once the convicts are adults they may not mess with the angels since they grew up around them. Really, it will depend on the temperament of your particular Cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom