Could I add 2 geophagus Balzani?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a heads up, I don't think any of the satanoperca species stay under 8", with species like jurupari, daemon, and leucosticta all getting over 10" (the three most commonly seen species of satanoperca). Would work well as a centerpiece fish, but not as a group in a 75

Yea it the daemon's im looking at. I have no problem getting a 125 I just need to do it. Most of the fish in my 55 would be happier in the 75 and then i can restock the 55. Man that will be 4 tanks then.

With a 125, I'd do 4-5 satanoperca daemon, and then a single/pair of a centerpiece species, like hypselecara temporalis (chocolate cichlid, pair) or maybe a herichthys bocourti (single). Then I'd add a school of large tetras, like buenos aires, or two spot astanyax (really active and fast species). On the bottom would be some hoplo cats. That may be overstocked, not positive

They would be with my 2 heckeliis and 2severums with 9 Rasbora borapetensis.
To much for a 125?

Yea it the daemon's im looking at. I have no problem getting a 125 I just need to do it. Most of the fish in my 55 would be happier in the 75 and then i can restock the 55. Man that will be 4 tanks then.

Welcome to AA my friend!!!!

So would
2 red spot gold severums
2 heckelii
3 daemon
9 rasboras
and a small exotic pleco (not sure on witch one yet)
Be ok in a standard 125?

So would
2 red spot gold severums
2 heckelii
3 daemon
9 rasboras
and a small exotic pleco (not sure on witch one yet)
Be ok in a standard 125?

One of my 125's has
3 red head tapajos
3 altifrons Sao Felix
2 brachybranchus
1 neambi
15 buenos aires
Royal pleco
Gold nugget pleco
Three beacon pleco
Emperor pleco
Galaxy pleco
Striped Raphael cat

I have no problems but I also have 3 canister filters running on this tank. 50% every week and my nitrates stay in the low end of the 20's.

One of my 125's has
3 red head tapajos
3 altifrons Sao Felix
2 brachybranchus
1 neambi
15 buenos aires
Royal pleco
Gold nugget pleco
Three beacon pleco
Emperor pleco
Galaxy pleco
Striped Raphael cat

I have no problems but I also have 3 canister filters running on this tank. 50% every week and my nitrates stay in the low end of the 20's.

ID be using 2 ac110 with an fx5. but i can always add more. so I think id be good.

ID be using 2 ac110 with an fx5. but i can always add more. so I think id be good.

You should be good. That's plenty enough filtration. You may have to re-home a fish or two but that stock could work for a good while. The slow growth rate helps. I suggest getting fish 3-4" if possible.

You should be good. That's plenty enough filtration. You may have to re-home a fish or two but that stock could work for a good while. The slow growth rate helps. I suggest getting fish 3-4" if possible.

Your stock seems like a lot more than what im thinking of doing. What if I went with a 150 6'x2' footprint instead of the 125?

Your stock seems like a lot more than what im thinking of doing. What if I went with a 150 6'x2' footprint instead of the 125?

I'm stocked heavy but I'm acquiring pairs. You'll never hear me say don't get a bigger tank so go for it. If you have the space and the money the bigger the better!

Back
Top Bottom