Could it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigtay

Aquarium Advice Activist
I will attach pics later on,but I'm wondering if my acei could be holding. I was cleaning my tank the otherday and I notice that one of my acei has this pouch like under her mouth. I have been watching her everysince and it looks like she is chewing something. She also hasn't been eating since I have notice. my acei is pushing 2 inches and i thought they wasn't sexually mature yet,so could she be holding?

From what you are disscribing id say she is, i would like to see pics though, they are the key to telling! Hope this helps

she could, the chewing is her shifting he eggs. if she has a sunken pouch it is another great sign of holding, not eating is another so i would say yes. if you want the fry then i would put her in a separated tank and let her spit naturally. you must keep a very close eye on her then when she does spit feed her as this time of not feeding is an extremely stressful time for them the mothers might not get it right on the first try and if not fed when she spit then moved away from her fry she might eat them from the month of not eating. she will need a couple of days rest then she can go back into the display tank. if you dont want the fry then its great fish food and the strongest will survive. sorry its a bit lengthy

Back
Top Bottom