Could someone help ID a new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pam is here

Aquarium Advice Activist
This fish was not labeled at the fish store. All they could tell me that it is a cichlid. The color is a light blue fish. It's not a good pic, but it would not hold still. LOL

Attachments

• image-2500254667.jpg
    image-2500254667.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 137
Thank you, I will go look, it has no line or bars. Just solid light baby blue.. I usually don't buy a fish without a name, but it was so pretty.

It looks a lot like it. But that fish is selling on the net between 7-12.00 bucks. I paid 2.50. The head looks a bit different to me. Thank you for your help

Possibly a juvi cobalt zebra.

+1. If they didn't know what it was, it partially explains the lower price. A comparison between on-line prices and a LFS's prices really doesn't explain anything. I can get quite a few species at shops in Denver far cheaper than on-line as they have local breeders they get stock from and the market is flooded. Not only that, the shop's price for the fish is far cheaper.

WYite

Can you happen to be able to sex it? Can 2 different types of zebra's have babies? I think I have a albino zebra. Can it mate with a cobalt blue type? I'm sorry, but I'm kind of new to all of this. I have many tanks, but just started a few months ago. Thanks

Venting is a sure way to sex a fish. It may be too small to vent just yet. Google venting, there are some good sites defineing what to do. As for breeding, yes they will cross breed with no problems with it lol. My mbuna breed worse than rabbits!

Well currently I'm having a problem with my labs. Spawning often, but my bumble sucks them up as soon as mama pops them out. So the eggs are my bumble bees treat. Argg

If you want to keep any of the fry you need to separate them from the main tank. If you dont there is a big chance they will all be eaten.

Oh sorry i missread that, the bee is eating the eggs. You could put the labs in another tank for breeding purposes if you wanted to.

Thanks so much, my new used tank is cycling. I hope it's done before she is ready to release her fry. LOL

Back
Top Bottom