Desktop Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatic_Adam

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all!

I have the chance to set up an aquarium for my desk at work. Problem is I have to keep it relatively small. 5.5 gallon is probably around the max I can go. I was wondering if 2 Multifasciatus would be ok in there?

Hey all!

I have the chance to set up an aquarium for my desk at work. Problem is I have to keep it relatively small. 5.5 gallon is probably around the max I can go. I was wondering if 2 Multifasciatus would be ok in there?

That's a bit small, what's the footprint of the tank?

That's a decent foot print you maybe able to get away with a small group. Keep up on the water changes though. Of course if it was me I'd do a shrimp tank!

Yeah, I have it as a shrimp tank right now. Upgrading them to a 10g consisting of RCS and Black Crystal Shrimp. I just wanted something different for my work. Thank you! Any other suggestions?

Those are beautiful fish! How did you manage to come across them??

I got mine from The Wetspot in Portland Oregon, they are a retail store but will also do online/over the phone sales. I am not sure if they have any left I stock but when I checked last time they had wild caught and captive bred species, I was able to snag 6 wild caught.

http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/index.php/fish

Thank you!

I've seen Wet Spot before (I actually get their email newsletters!) but I've always been hesitant ordering from them as I live in Georgia.

Maybe I will just end up making it another shrimp tank :)

Thank you!

I've seen Wet Spot before (I actually get their email newsletters!) but I've always been hesitant ordering from them as I live in Georgia.

They ship all over the US, Anthony their online sales manager is the best! I've ordered from them several time and have had no issues what so ever.

Thank you!

I live in Louisiana and have ordered several fish through them. Anthony is the man. Very knowledgeable and professional.

I have 4 adult n. multifasciatus in a 6.6 gallon fluval edge and they do great, although I can introduce ANYTHING to the tank. They bully anything to death, including numerous ghost shrimp, a new multie added months after they all were, a baby bristlenose pleco, etc. but they do quite well in their small colony and breed like crazy

Back
Top Bottom