Discus plague

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi new to site so hoping I am doing this right I have a pair of discus that have got discus plague I have spoke to a breeder and they have told me to do two 50% water changes a day which I am now doing my nitrites 0 nitrates 0 gh is 80ppm kh is 40ppm and ph is 7.6 just looking for some information on my water conditions and if any one else has had this and what they did to help them recover any advice will be much appreciated

I have read to drop the pH down to 5 and keep doing water changes. Shedding of their slime coat will foul your water.

I have just added peat to my filter to try and reduce the ph is this best way to lower it

Never had any experience with it but there is another forum called "simply discus" I'm sure they can help u out there is guys on there that have been dealing with discus for 20+ years and everyone there is just as nice as on here. that is where I ask any discus questions just because that's all they deal with them constantly

We had a gent come and speak at our club a few months ago who has been keeping discus for 50 years. His chemical free cure is to lower the pH to 3.5 and warm the tank to 95F for 3 days. A good pH meter is required to accurately lower the pH that low.

Thank you for all the quick replys I have posted message on simply discus

Back
Top Bottom