Dovii tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garfy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have a 14" male Dovii and a 21" common Pleco in a 225 Gallon tank.The big lad won't accept any other Cichlids and I've tried Midas,Red Devil,Jag to name a few.my question is will I get away with say a group of silver Dollars?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Long time no see Garfy!!

As you have found out tankmates will be either hit or miss. I would certainly try silver dollars or Datnioides pulcher might be a good option as well.

Hey HUKIT hope all is well with you
Didn't think about the datnioids so I'll see if some are available.A guy on a local group is selling A group of dollars (7) real cheap so I'll take those.I have 6 tanks so a backup plan is there if it goes south.Whats new with you? Any new species in your tanks?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would certainly try the silvers as they seem to rage over cichlids as they seem more like threat, I could see come chasing but depending on fish there is good chance they'll be fine.

I broke my fish room down due to lack of time and more so lack of desire. The only tanks I've got running is the 150g which is unchanged and the 72B which houses 8 Vieja heterospilus and around 20 buenes aires tetras.

How about you, anything new and interesting since it's been a while!

I too broke down most of my tanks.Only had one running for a while due to personal issues.I kicked her into touch though and I'm rebuilding my empire haha.
At present I have the 225 a 90,two 75's and a 55.Picking up a 150 on Wednesday and I'm keeping Dovii,Midas,Oscars,Brasiliensis and a small selection of Mbuna.
Picking up some Hoplo cats on Wednesday too.

Good to see ya back in here Garfy! Gonna have to post pics of all these tanks!

Just had the Dovii and the plec going at each other.Both gave as good as they got.Man can they hit hard.Made me jump lol

Back
Top Bottom