EBJD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Msheresy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just picked up 2 ebjd at about 1.5-2 in. I have tried to read as much as possible because I know they are fragile until they get bigger. I'm feeding new life spectrum cichlid and they are eating and seem to be just fine. Water is looking good and within their ranges. I know they are prone to parasites. Should I treat the water with something in hopes of killing it before it kills them?

Does anyone have any tips or pointers for keeping these babies healthy and happy until they become a little hardier?

Edit: I ordered a uv sterilizer today. Only a 3w since they are so small and I'm really not familiar with uv sterilizers. It will attach to the power head. How often / much should I use it?

Last edited:
UV sterilizers work best when the flow rate is slow. Without knowing the gph of your powerhead, and the model of the UV, I would surmise that the powerhead is too fast for it.

It should be connected to the output of the powerhead so that you don't burn out the powerheads motor.

Don't put any other tank mates with the EBJD, until they are past 4". This will reduce the chances of those two from getting sick.

Back
Top Bottom