Eggs!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swimwithme

Aquarium Advice Freak
I believe that my blue german rams just laid eggs! Not sure what I should do. Leave them until they hatch? How long before they hatch?

image-1489042705.jpg
]

Not sure if you can see them. Taking pics with phone. There are alot of eggs! They are a white/light pink color.

Ok, this is my first eggsperience! :)
So, my question was, how long before they hatch? What do I need to feed them? Do I need to try and catch them when they hatch? I do have a fry net.
And will my pwc effect the eggs? Not sure what to do. Don't want to disturb the eggs with the pwc, but I know that needs to be kept up.
Help, please.

Are your rams alone or with other fish? If they're alone, I'd try and leave the fry with the parents. Baby brine shrimp and powdered fry food would be what I'd try for food. A PWC is fine so long as you don't bounce the pH or hardness.

swimwithme said:
Wow, this forum is alot of help. :-(

This is just an unbelievable thing to say, considering you posted your second post ONE HOUR after the first.

Ok, ill help the best i can
No i dont know how long unitll they hatch, but maybe a quick google search might.
As far as feeding, baby brine shrimp or first bites is good
After the eggs are fertilized/free swimming, i recommend moving the fry to another tank. Rams are pretty bad parents usually.
For your pwc, just be very careful and dont vac the gravel, just take out water from the surface and maybe use a plate to diffuse the flow of water being added.

Next time please wait a little bit longer to get your posts answered. Nobody has an obligation to help

Gboy- I know that there is no obligation on anyone to help out, but this forum has always been very helpful to me.
If you will look at the date of my first post and the date of my second post, there is a days difference in time. Please make sure you actually look at the day that someone posted before responding the way you did.
Again, this forum has been a great help to me since I started my tank. I have always appreciated everyone's advice. The advice this time was a little late, but I am not blaming anyone, because frankly it's noone's fault. Unfortunately, the eggs were gone this morning. I believe that my long finned serpae tetras may have eaten them. I did not buy my bgr's to breed, but thought if I knew what to do, I might could actually raise a few. It's no biggie, and I do appreciate all the help and will take that advice for the future in case they decide to breed again.
Thanks to everyone! :)

swimwithme said:
Gboy- I know that there is no obligation on anyone to help out, but this forum has always been very helpful to me.
If you will look at the date of my first post and the date of my second post, there is a days difference in time. Please make sure you actually look at the day that someone posted before responding the way you did.
Again, this forum has been a great help to me since I started my tank. I have always appreciated everyone's advice. The advice this time was a little late, but I am not blaming anyone, because frankly it's noone's fault. Unfortunately, the eggs were gone this morning. I believe that my long finned serpae tetras may have eaten them. I did not buy my bgr's to breed, but thought if I knew what to do, I might could actually raise a few. It's no biggie, and I do appreciate all the help and will take that advice for the future in case they decide to breed again.
Thanks to everyone! :)

Not true, or at least for me. The posts roughly read as follows
Yesterday 8:00
Yesterday 9:00

Even if it was several days difference (even though it was not), your next post to bump the thread (against the rules by the way) should not have been bad talk about the forum like you did.

Sorry about the eggs, hopefully you'll get 'em next time

Not to argue, but my first post was on 12/30, roughly 7 to 8 pm. It was 24 hrs later when I reposted. No one had answered any of my questions so I checked back an hour later. That is when I made that comment. I was just a bit surprised by the lack of comments. This was my first post in the cichlid forum. The general forum and the getting started forum have always been so quick to give advice that I was a bit shocked that the cichlid forum was not as fast to respond.
Thanks for the comment. Maybe it will be better luck next time.

Back
Top Bottom