Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #1

POTM Champion

Emergency please help!!!!

Ive been breeding peacock cichlids since my 20's. I just ordered 4 female red shoulder blue regal females to bolster my breeding community. I get them in the tank and they have all de stressed and are all now showing false eggs. So now i have 5m to 3 fems. Tried calling the guy and no answer and mailbox is full. Does anyone know where to find red shoulder blue regal peacock cichlids????

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post
Ive been breeding peacock cichlids since my 20's. I just ordered 4 female red shoulder blue regal females to bolster my breeding community. I get them in the tank and they have all de stressed and are all now showing false eggs. So now i have 5m to 3 fems. Tried calling the guy and no answer and mailbox is full. Does anyone know where to find red shoulder blue regal peacock cichlids????

Its not uncommon for females to show egg spots. The only true way to sex is venting.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post

Whoa, we're both in lawrence!

Sorry, I can't help with the question though

20 g Community
55g build happening now, plan: African Cichlid tank
JengoJengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

+1 to MikeM. In today's fish, the "usual" signs for gender have been blurred so venting is about the only 95% chance of getting it right. ( Nothing but watching the spawn is 100% ) If they are all getting along, I'd leave them be. If they are fighting, then you need to get genders as properly proportioned as you can.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:15 PM   #5

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager View Post
+1 to MikeM. In today's fish, the "usual" signs for gender have been blurred so venting is about the only 95% chance of getting it right. ( Nothing but watching the spawn is 100% ) If they are all getting along, I'd leave them be. If they are fighting, then you need to get genders as properly proportioned as you can.
I realize the sexing is not 100%, but i know my aulonocara. These are males. Males all the way. The dominant male ( not the new ones) is telling me this as well. He wants them gone, and he has always liked new ladies. And has always tortured other males to death. I also know that for 200$ it should be what i ordered. I breed theese. And can tell you that adding 4 males is not good for this community. 5 males vs two fems, means i might soon have an all male tank. The males will wear them til tthey are nothing. I appreciate the advice but i truly need to add females.... and fast.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #6

POTM Champion

I add fresh blood every 2 yrs or so. Ive never sexed one wrong yet. I have 30 juvies, but theyre 2-3 months from being big enough to introduce to the colony for size reasons.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool. Sounds like you have it figured out.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 04-20-2015, 10:48 PM   #8

POTM Champion

I know what to do. Its finding another breeder and fems thatll be tough.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #9

POTM Champion

Grrr..... this bad, grrr..... you guys awsome. Ungah.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:15 PM   #10

POTM Champion

Im tryin a private breeder, KGTROPICALS. tried 3 times today, no answer. Left msg. We shall see.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com