First mbuna fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had two hongi holding in main 90 gallon and apparently one spit cuz I see about 5 fry in the rocks. I dumped in some pebbles to create a little pile to hopefully make spaces to hide the adults can't get to! I've had a handful of fish hold in past but never saw fry! I'm worried now that my 2 peacocks may make snacks outta them! Here's two shirt vid u kinda can see one First mbuna fry! - YouTube
Fry video try #2 - YouTube

I'm hoping they make their way I to the pebble pile to hide and stay safe. I have no idea if I need to feed different for them in hopes they grow big enough. I didn't wanna add the pebbles tho so poop can settle I there but had to try to give them a spot to retreat. All my rocks aside from those are bigger and I already noticed some fish digging under a rock one was hiding. Hopefully not trying to get fry! Any tips are appreciated. U can see the pebble like in front I added

Grats! You have a 10-20g you could possibly set up and transfer them over to? There's like a 10% chance that you'll have survivors in the end if you leave them in your main tank =\

Nah I have a 36 community but I'm not sure removing all 200 lbs of rock is something I wanna do to try and catch em! I see a lot of YouTube people w fry in their large tank that make it so I guess I'm just hoping. The African cichlid hub guy Marc boulton I think his name is has tons of fry in his main tank. Here's to hoping! But I'm seeing all the big fish congregating around the fry hiding spots and getting in almost like a frenzy so I'm not confident it'll be ok. ?.

Lol yeah it's all up to luck for the most part, hopefully you'll have a few fry that'll survive on algae and any uneaten food particles on the substrate ^_^

Yah in torn w my 36 gal. Wanna get rid of comm fish an was gonna make a tanganyika setup but may be better of making a fry tank?

Well if you're not really looking to breed, I'd go with the Tang tank and if you get any surviving fry, it'll just be a bonus hehe.

Only see 1 tonight but hopefully the other s found some hiding in the pebble pile.

Back
Top Bottom