First pics of my 125g.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcock

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here are my first pics of my 125. I'm sorry they aren't the best but I was using my iPhone. I plan on finishing my canopy this week as well. By the way you can't see any of my fish because they're still hiding in the rock work.

Attachments

• image-2557434695.jpg
    image-2557434695.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 275
  • image-790334537.jpg
    image-790334537.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 264
Looks nice. I like your DIY(is it?) 3D background. Great job :)

Here are my first pics of my 125. I'm sorry they aren't the best but I was using my iPhone. I plan on finishing my canopy this week as well. By the way you can't see any of my fish because they're still hiding in the rock work.

Very nice. How do you get all those rocks to stay in place? My larger Mbuna keep flipping the rocks over. Every day I have to put everything back where it is suppose to be. It's kind of annoying.

Thanks. If I had it to do over again (which I will some day) I would have built my background a little different. It looks good enough for now I suppose.

Those are pretty big rocks and right now my fish are only 3" or so.

I have one 6" Male Mbuna that is really peaceful, but he's a bull in a China Shop. He knocks over all the decorations just by swimming around.
I have four others that have reached 4 1/2" but they aren't as beefy as Charlie, so they don't do the same amount of damage.
Poor Charlie is a swimming demolition machine, but sweet.

As I get more fish the rock work us going to go higher. I'm going to try and add more habitat that way new territories can be established and hopefully aggression won't be as much of an issue.

pcock,

really nice, is the background a project you did, or did you purchase it already complete. either way it looks nice. Ya I would build up your rock work too as you add.

I did the background myself. Unlike most people I didn't use cement. I just used drylock and concrete dye to tint it. I plan on making another one some day but this one looks good enough for now.

By using this I didn't have to wait for cement to cure.

Attachments

• image-270207061.jpg
    image-270207061.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom