Fish dying, not sure why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlmonyMatt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a mixed lake Malawi cichlid aquarium. I have a mix of mbuna, hap, and peacock. All different sizes. They were fine for awhile, then one day I added a few juvenile peacocks. Since they have have been crazy aggressive towards the new fish and everyone else in the tank. The few new ones got so stressed they died. Now some of my other fish that I have had for 6months are now dying due to aggression. I don't know what to do to combat this issue. Please help

Matt A.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

please tell us your water parameters: ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites, PH, tank size, temperature, filtration, etc...

Tank size is 55G, my stick includes:

OB Peacock-Juv
Zebra Obliquidens
Demansoni
Yellow Lab
Red Zebra
Snow White Socolofi
Blue Johanni
"Blue Lip"cichlid
Pitch Black Cichlid
Blue Zebra
Blue Socolofi
Red Empress
Rubber Lip Pleco

The ones that died were all 2-3" long, including:
Taiwan Reef
Albino Taiwan Reef
Eureka Red
Benga Peacock

Temp:78-82* kind of fluctuates with temp change outside this time of year.

I will do other parameters tomorrow.

Matt A.

I have 2 large HOB filters and a 305 Fluval canister. Also PH is 8.2. Last time I checked water parameters everything was at 0 or close to 0. Nothing out of the ordinary. I did that check last week after my last water change 5 days ago

Matt A.

I was told 15 cichlids at adult size is good for a 55G from many places. That was my goal.

Matt A.

No fish I have had in the tank looked sick at all.

Matt A.

Yea it's telling me I'm overstocked. But that's at adult size. Most of mine are still small.

Matt A.

I'll check them tomorrow. Thanks for quick responses. Just don't want to lose anymore if I can help it.

Matt A.

I do 50% water changes once a week. A few weeks ago I was doing 50% twice a week. Was getting to be to much but can go back to that if needed.

Matt A.

Got 2 air pumps pushing bubbles in the back of the tank. Plenty of that.

Matt A.

Back
Top Bottom