Friend or foe for auloncaras.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spoor3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I got my first tank about 10 months ago after years of waiting and have not regretted it one bit. I can still remember going to my first LFS and been like a kid in a candy store. Every Malawi cichlid I liked the look of I bought. Lol. As a consequence I ve got a very varied tank. My favourite though has to be the aulonocara breed. problem is though their colours don't seem to show off because of the more lively mbuna type in the tank. I'm gonna try and sort this out by returning to a responsible owner any cichlid that isn't really compatible with the aulonocaras. Just so I know for future what cichlids can be kept with the aulonocara group.

Spoor3773 said:
Hi all I got my first tank about 10 months ago after years of waiting and have not regretted it one bit. I can still remember going to my first LFS and been like a kid in a candy store. Every Malawi cichlid I liked the look of I bought. Lol. As a consequence I ve got a very varied tank. My favourite though has to be the aulonocara breed. problem is though their colours don't seem to show off because of the more lively mbuna type in the tank. I'm gonna try and sort this out by returning to a responsible owner any cichlid that isn't really compatible with the aulonocaras. Just so I know for future what cichlids can be kept with the aulonocara group.

Aulonocaras, aka Peacocks are one of the most peaceful species of Malawi Cichlids. So far as coloring them up, you might try switching to NLS Cichlid. I found a noticeable difference after just a week or two. It's all natural, so no worries. I had Peacocks with a nasty Johannii and they still colored up.

You've got a decent sized tank. Can we see a list of the other tank-mates?

you name it i got. like i said i went a bit crazy. here is a list of the names of fish i can remember: white tail acei, yellow lab, demasoni, venustus, greshakei, albino greshakei, blue ahli, white afra, taiwaan reef and red empress. theres also probablies another 4 i cant remember the name of.

alot of the fish im attatched to but i dont want to see them unhappy so could re house them if needed.However, i really like the taiwaan reef and red empress, do you think they would be ok with the aulonocara.

Back
Top Bottom