Gender of German Blue Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone help me identify the gender of these three German Blue Rams?

Two in the first picture and the one on the left in the second picture.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 105
From these photos to me it looks like 3 females... Do you have any other pics where you can clearly see their dorsal fins?

Bad photos and will not confirm anything but they do all look female.

Having trouble getting a clear picture but here are a few others

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392873553.178238.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392873568.599726.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392873579.499505.jpg

Pic #2 may be male but again it's extremely hard to tell. All others look female.

Thanks. I'll try to get some better pictures. I just got them 2 days ago and they don't come out to the front of the tank in the open much yet.

It looks like worst case scenario you have all females and I know for a fact you have at least one. Better than all males because they will fight

Picked up one more today. Asked for a male. Can anyone confirm?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392946589.590606.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392946601.568121.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392946646.110970.jpg

Thanks!

I think that is a male due to the dorsal fin being pointed at the end and not rounding off. Here is a website that helped me sex my rams:

Sexing Rams - SomeFin's Fishy | Freshwater Breeder | South American Dwarf Cichlids

Rams are so fun to have but they are fragile. I love mine to death but I lost one a week after I got it, and then the female wouldn't eat until lI got another male and now she has ich. If you have problems in the future, hang in there!

I think that is a male due to the dorsal fin being pointed at the end and not rounding off. Here is a website that helped me sex my rams:

Sexing Rams - SomeFin's Fishy | Freshwater Breeder | South American Dwarf Cichlids

Rams are so fun to have but they are fragile. I love mine to death but I lost one a week after I got it, and then the female wouldn't eat until lI got another male and now she has ich. If you have problems in the future, hang in there!

Thanks!

I have all males they are more bright in color and have longer fins

Back
Top Bottom