Getting hot in here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
Temps hitting triple digits in my area, checked water temp and its at 89 degrees, always at 78 degrees under normal temps. What do you guys do? I have fans blowing inside house but just decided to check water temp out of the blue and noticed that. Heater is off, unplugged it to verify.

I usually throw ice in the tank, brings it down slowly enough that it doesn't put the fish into shock, or try wetting a towel with cold water, ringing it out, then wrapping the tank with it

I usually throw ice in the tank, brings it down slowly enough that it doesn't put the fish into shock, or try wetting a towel with cold water, ringing it out, then wrapping the tank with it

Sealed Zip-loc bags of ice will melt slow enough to lower the temps, or use a fan to blow air across the top of the tank.

Tacoeater said:
Temps hitting triple digits in my area, checked water temp and its at 89 degrees, always at 78 degrees under normal temps. What do you guys do? I have fans blowing inside house but just decided to check water temp out of the blue and noticed that. Heater is off, unplugged it to verify.

Ice cubes will work for now, but it's going to be a long term problem if you are that hot right now.

You may need to get a chiller for the tank or AC in the room.

I wish I had this problem, it was freezing this morning here!

Ice cubes will work for now, but it's going to be a long term problem if you are that hot right now.

You may need to get a chiller for the tank or AC in the room.

I wish I had this problem, it was freezing this morning here!

I wish i had this problem as well. It was 35 degrees here in ohio this morning.

Its a temporary problem, first long day of triple digits and the ac unit decides not to turn on. They will come out to service it in the morning. Thanks for all the great tips.

It was like high 30s this morning in Michigan I believe hah.

Was it really that cold here this morning? It was like 65-70 when I went to work at 3:30

If your asking me, I'm probably exaggerating. I actually don't think it was to bad this morning, high 40s I think. Just felt colder.

Back
Top Bottom