Green Blue Ram Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisasutherland

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone!

I have a hatch of new fry about 2 weeks old. The parents seem to be very good parents and I have not seen them eat any of the fry. The father appears to be more protective of the fry than the mother. I have set up 2 new tanks to transfer the fry when they are big enough to transfer. I tried to move the parents to another tank last night and they became frantic. Any suggestions on when to move the parents to the new tank or should I just leave them in with the fry? Also I read to make sure you use the existing water they were hatched in. Of course this is a more established tank and seem to be doing very well. I know this is a delicate dance and want to do whatever is best for them. Help please!:fish2:

Separate the parents ASAP .
IMO they still may eat the fry especially if they lay eggs again.
2 weeks is about the time the parents really help the fry.If they are eating on their own the parents have completed their job.
Congrats !

Thank you!!

I just removed the parents. The fry are huddling together. The parents seem to be frantic. I think they are looking for their fry. I hope they are not too stressed out.

Thanks again.

Coralbandit They fry are acting a bit weird. Do you think this is normal or are they looking for their parents? Thanks for your help

The parents will act all crazy.
If they can see the fry from where they are they may get even weirder.
The fry are likely nervous but that is normal.
Good luck

German Blue Fry and Parents

The parents will act all crazy.
If they can see the fry from where they are they may get even weirder.
The fry are likely nervous but that is normal.
Good luck

Parents are all good now and the fry are doing well. Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom