Hate crimes:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krazy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a red zebra obliqueden and put it into my 56 gal cichlid community. It's probably half an inch bigger than the rest of my fish who hover right around an inch.

The R.Z.O. Is a very light blue with a yellowish head and gills and brown stripes, and looks nothing like the blue demasoni who he chases. But, The RZO chases the demasoni ONLY. What up with that? He doesn't seem to have a problem with anyone else? And they both flash their colors at each other? Suggested actions?

They are probablies fighting over territory. I had this problem with an aulonocara and a venustus. They too looked nothing alike but the aulonocara chased the venustus non stop. Unfortunately I lost the venustus because the aulonocara just chased and chased until he caught him and killed him. Try moving all the rocks around and see if it helps. Did you just introduce the zebra By itself or with other fish.

Some fish just dont get along,but try to move everything in the tank around and make some new caves, hiding spots,

Good advice above.

Moving things around will 'reset' their territory. Also having a large overstock will reduce aggression.

I added the RZO with one other fish, A julidochromis. I didn't think it was a territory issue because the fish was brand new and I hadn't expected it to establish a territory so quickly.

...I didn't think it was a territory issue because the fish was brand new and I hadn't expected it to establish a territory so quickly.

These fish are territorial and aggressive. The RZO being somewhat larger than the others it sensed opportunity to make an immediate move.

If most of the other fish are an inch and this one less than two inches, real territorial-aggression hasn't yet even begun to manifest.

Back
Top Bottom