Help! Black lips on my Red Blood Parrot fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover1234

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have 3 red blood parrot fish and I saw 2 of them kissing, matting, or fighting yesterday and today one of my fish has a black lip and a few black spots on him. I tried separating them a few times by tapping on the glass of my tank. They separated and then went back at each other several times. What are the spots?? Here is a picture. IMG_1567.jpg

Hi, I have 3 red blood parrot fish and I saw 2 of them kissing, matting, or fighting yesterday and today one of my fish has a black lip and a few black spots on him. I tried separating them a few times by tapping on the glass of my tank. They separated and then went back at each other several times. What are the spots?? Here is a picture. View attachment 299866

Anyone?...

I'm no expert and am fairly new... but when my parrot got those I watched and he was being chase by my electric blue ciclid and he hit the side of the tank.. it was what I thought because my water was right and all the other fish were very healthy...

My parrot bullied my little blue from the time I put them together.. Blue got bigger and the tables turned quick.. and it was him smashing the sides from being chased.. he had black lines all up his head. I tried to save him but the damage was done.. maybe separate him for a bit.

I doubt it's any of the above... They are hybrid fish, and Red Devils are often used to make them, which black markings are common in them. I've seen hundreds of them with black marks all over the fish..

I'd say it's nothing to worry about.

Usually with lip locking you will see white marks around the mouth, which is the lips being chewed up.

Parrots have a deformed mouth so they can't really lip lock, I'd say don't worry about it until you see white around their mouths.

It's nothing to worry about. The black spots come and go. I think it has a lot to do with mood and what's going in the tank at the time

UPDATE! No more black spots!
Fish are swimming happily.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 230
Once the issue that is making your cutie stressed out and blotch is removed, it'll only be a matter of days to a week before your BPC is all bright and orange again. Having owned 2 in the pas, this has always been the case for me. The bully was removed and Voila! Happy orange fish overnight for my newest guy who is only 1 inch big. But happy to see your issue has been resolved already. Love these hybrids even though many despise them.

Once the issue that is making your cutie stressed out and blotch is removed, it'll only be a matter of days to a week before your BPC is all bright and orange again. Having owned 2 in the pas, this has always been the case for me. The bully was removed and Voila! Happy orange fish overnight for my newest guy who is only 1 inch big. But happy to see your issue has been resolved already. Love these hybrids even though many despise them.
The Blood Parrot lover, please visit this forum hybrid-parrot.freeforums.net

We need some loyal members to make a Blood Parrot loving community. So many people are there who simply hate these fishes just only for being a hybrid. We want to make a community to protest it. So please join us.

The Blood Parrot lover, please visit this forum hybrid-parrot.freeforums.net

We need some loyal members to make a Blood Parrot loving community. So many people are there who simply hate these fishes just only for being a hybrid. We want to make a community to protest it. So please join us.

Back
Top Bottom