help!!! cichlid went crazy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patola_l

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, my cichlids are in a large tank and have looked great. I have had them for almost a year now, and tonight, i turned their light off, while my room light was on, and about 20 mins later, my one electric blue ciclid went nuts!!!! Swimming rapidly, splashing out of the water, running into things, over and over for about 5 seconds. i have never seen anything like it!!!!!! Any ideas???? My water parameters are perfect.

just re-tested water. Ammonia-0, Nitrite-0, Nitrate-20....im baffled!

I don't have a explanation for you but I've seen this with my Africans in the past too. There will be days I'll walk up to feed and it's like I dropped a toaster in the tank, it doesn't last for more than 5-10 seconds but the entire tank gets spooked. I'm sure it's just one fish then the rest follows. I wouldnt worry about it at all.

I also have some cichlids that tend to freak out from time to time. I just make sure they can't flip outta the tank and let them be.

They all seem to be fine this afternoon.... I had an issue a year ago, where a cichlid flipped out of the tank, so thankfully in this tank i have used netting to cover all the openings, just in case. Thanks

Possibly high phosphate...can do strange things if you have algae and fish going mental worth a check and wc :) or massive nitrate!

It must have been...He is acting normal today and looks fine as well. Thanks for all the help

I heard there was a recall on marineland heaters btw... Dunno what u have

Back
Top Bottom