Help Fish not getting along!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that will help any issues it would possibly just add
More. You need to have at least trios of all your fish when you have that many species.

The fish seem to have settled down and there is no more fighting. I was originally going to get 15 fish like you said but when I was at the LFS I saw their lake Malawi show tank which they did NOT overstock at all. It was 120 gallons and couldn't have had more than fifteen fish. The fish didn't seem stressed and looked really good so I opted to go for less in my tank. Thanks for the advice though, if I get more fish it will be when I reintroduce the fry though since I don't want to have another bullying problem.

Since you seem to have experience with these fish I do have a question.
My red zebra is starting to be a problem since he is eating all of the feather fin's sinking catfish pellets. They don't even fit in his mouth so he holds them like a dog with a frisbee. How can I make sure that the catfish is getting food? (I think the zebra eventually drops them but I can't tell if he swallowed it instead)

Does your catfish have a sunken belly? If he doesn't then he's getting enough food. He probably picks up a lot more then you think.

The surefire way to make sure that your catfish get their pellets is to feed them after lights out.Catfish will find the pellets no problem in the dark :)

Back
Top Bottom