Help sexing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyg23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got 2 electric blue jack dempseys today and they had a somewhat stressful trip home. I don't want to add any more stress by venting them tonight. I know it's hard to tell with ebjds but I'd appreciate it if someone could see something that I don't and be able to tell me if they were male or female.

Attachments

• image-3088260322.jpg
    image-3088260322.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3134232956.jpg
    image-3134232956.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1298827893.jpg
    image-1298827893.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3610706619.jpg
    image-3610706619.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 93
I gave $20 for them both but they spent 3 hrs in a tote of tank water on the way to my house and just went into their tank.

Normally the bigger one looks like this.

Attachments

• image-4196840405.jpg
    image-4196840405.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 94
I met him through another guy I buy fish from and he knew I am trying to get separate gene pools to raise a stronger ebjd. He was tearing down his tank and selling everything to start saltwater so he sold them to me cheap to help me and get rid of them.

Can anyone tell whether they are male or female?

Without venting the male will be more colourful the the female and his colours will really intensify as he prepares to breed

Can anyone tell whether they are male or female?

Honestly it's hard to tell from those pics but the first I presume is a male and the second female. Post some better pics when they settle in and we should be able to help out. The first looks to be a ebjd and the second looks to be bgjd. Looks like you could be well on your way to reaching your goal. You have 2 bgjd females now and if the ebjd does turn out to be a male even better.
How's my girl doing?

Honestly it's hard to tell from those pics but the first I presume is a male and the second female. Post some better pics when they settle in and we should be able to help out. The first looks to be a ebjd and the second looks to be bgjd. Looks like you could be well on your way to reaching your goal. You have 2 bgjd females now and if the ebjd does turn out to be a male even better.
How's my girl doing?

Thank you. She is doing great. She is in a 75g tank by herself right now. She loves to sit at the corner of the tank and just watch me while in doing anything in the other tanks.
She told me to tell you hi.

Back
Top Bottom