Help to identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsoyer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been sold this fish as a female peacock cichlid, but i couldnt find what type of peacock it is.
Help please, anyone can recognise?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458371375.126997.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458371388.718092.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It also appears that the fish lost it's color. I use some aquarium salt when I do water changes to help preserve the color in my fish.

thanks for all the responses, when I bought this one, there was a blue fish male in the same tank looking like Aulonocara nyassae when I check the images from google now, but I didnt like his condition, so I didnt buy him.
I dont like using aquarium salts, except when I am medicating. also photos were taken an hour after putting the fish into the tank, she may have been still under some stress from the travel between LFS to home.

Aulonocara baenschi

Most aulonocara females are identical. What was your process in determine that particular species?

Also, females are naturally silver, so I'm not sure what color loss you're referencing?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Long and slender fish. It could be a hap ahli. Based on the rounded anal fin without knowing the size of the fish, I would guess that this may end up being a female. Whatever the fish you think it is you will never be 100% sure. I have Auloncara Ngara, Baenshi, Cobwe, bi-color 500, Chilumba, Masoni, German Red and Koningsi. All were purchased from reputable sources no buy and guess the name.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks again, by looking at it once again, it seems more similar to Hap ahli female, due to its long face.
I am living in Cyprus (a small island) and we dont get too many fishes and its very hard to find a reputable source really, and rarely we can find a female (as they mostly import and sell males due to their colors). so I buy when I see a nice female, and try my best on them.

One of my sources does a group order from Germany twice a year. You are much closer and could get a lot of hard to find fish from there. Shipping and the exchange rate are in your favor. In Canada it makes it less cost effective.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom